Please feel free to read through the FAQ's as most of your questions will be answered. In case you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to make make a counselling or coaching appointment?
You can contact Scheepers-CCC by emailing:
- What are the costs of Counselling and Coaching?
From January 2019:
- The fee for a 60-minute session is $ 130.00
- The fee for a 90-minute session is 180.00
- The fee for couple counseling is $ 180.00 for 90 minutes
- Coaching fees are $ 180.00 for 90 minute sessions
- A trauma therapy session is 90 minutes in duration
- Rates for career and personality assessments are in addition to the fees for a coaching session and the costs depends on the type of assessment
Please pay at the end of the session. Payment options are:
1. E-transfer (discuss with Dr. Scheepers the security question and answer, when applicable)
2. Credit card (credit card details will need to be provided at the first session only)
A receipt will be provided. Clients are suggested to inquire prior to scheduling sessions whether they will be reimbursed by their employer or insurer. Note that the designation of Dr. Scheepers is Clinical Counsellor and Therapeutic Counsellor.
- Can clients use insurance benefits for counselling services provided by Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers?
Not all clients are reimbursed by their insurance companies. Please contact your provider with questions.
POLICIES of INSURANCE COMPANIES
1. If stated "counselling must be done by a master of counselling", your claim should be approved.
2. If stated "registered counsellor, clinical counsellor, registered clinical counsellor, psychotherapist or therapist", your claim should be approved.
If your claim is rejected and the wording as stated in #1 and 2 are in the policy, you can appeal. If rejected again, please send us your rejection letter and consent to forward your complaint to the Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA) or the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT). Alternatively, and with your consent, we can call the insurer on your behalf.
Although Elisabeth Scheepers has a Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology (MACP) and is a Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (PhD.), the services provided to you are counselling or therapy. Elisabeth practices as a Certified Clinical Counsellor and Master Therapeutic Counsellor. Therefore avoid the term psychological services when making a claim for counselling and therapy.
The CPCA and the ACCT are National Competency based Professional Counsellors Associations. Only qualified professionals obtain membership. All members receive yearly and ongoing supervision from a registered counselling supervisor.
Saskatchewan has no provincial counsellors college or association.
- Are the counselling services offered by Scheepers-CCC confidential?
Many clients are concerned about confidentiality.
As with any counselling, therapy and or coaching services offered, Elisabeth will provide you with a consent form in which the details of the service is outlined. Confidentiality is of the highest priority. There are a few exceptions as required by law.
A limitation to confidentiality occurs when a client discloses the intend to cause serious harm to themselves or another person and in particular when this involves children or elderly. In these cases the counsellor and coach has a mandated responsibility to take action to ensure the safety of the client and the community.
Although Elisabeth uses secure email and secure payment methods, there are no absolute guarantees that communication over the Internet and phone is always confidential. We all have a responsibility to safeguard the appropriate use of internet and phone services.
Some things you as the client can do is to obtain an affordable email address from Hushmail.com. Hushmail offers the option to send and receive encrypted messages. Other things you can do is to keep passwords at a safe place if you are afraid that you will not remember them. Finally, it is important to use different user names and passwords for different Internet services.
Please feel free to email if you have more questions.
- What are Dr. Scheepers's Academic Qualifications?
Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers has the following Academic Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Psychology, with Distinction.
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology. Elisabeth received an award for academic excellence.
Graduate Diploma in Counselling.
Diploma in Advanced Professional Counselling.
Bachelor of Arts with an extended major in Psychology.
- What is the difference between counselling and coaching?
Counselling (face-to-face and cybercounselling) in general is most beneficial for those who struggle with issues related to grief, trauma and other "unfinished business" that affects daily functioning and relationships at home and work.
Coaching, on the other hand, is most beneficial for those who are well-functioning people, but who feel that they can do better in personal life (Personal Coaching) and career (Executive Coaching).
As is obvious from the above given explanation, there may be some overlap, but in general the distinction between counselling and coaching is that the former takes the past into account to explore unfinished business before developing a plan for healing. The latter immediately delves into where someone is right now and where they want to be.
Dr. Scheepers provides individualized services based on an assessment and the client's wishes to ensure a good fit.
- Is Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers professsionally trained in the services offered?
Formal training: degrees, diplomas and certificates
- BA in Psychology from Deakin University, Melbourne Australia with a focus on child development, counselling and mental health.
- An Advanced Diploma in Counselling with a major in Child Behaviour, and Career Counselling.
- A Graduate Diploma in Counselling with a major in Trauma and Addiction.
- A Master's Degree in Counselling Psychology.
- A Doctoral Degree (Ph.D.) in Psychology with a focus on Clinical Psychology and Research Psychology.
- Psychological first aid for people who experienced trauma at the workplace.
- Cybercounselling: Offered by the Faculty of Social Work, University Toronto.
- Personal and Executive Coaching: Offered by the College of Executive Coaching.
- Post. Grad Certificate in Sex Therapy and full University course in Advanced Sex Therapy: University of Guelph.
- Ongoing certificate training in Sex Therapy provided by the Buehler Institute.
- Does Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers hold memberships in Professional Organizations?
Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA). Elisabeth is a Master Practitioner in Clinical Counselling (MPCC). #3205
- Association Cooperative Counselling Therapists (ACCT). Elisabeth is a Master Therapeutic Counsellor (MTC). #2060
Elisabeth is a certified member of the CPCA and the ACCT.
- American Psychological Association (APA) #6767 6533
- Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA). Elisabeth is a professional member #10002805
- Can I become a Counsellor and how does Supervision work?
The above is indeed a Frequently Asked Question, so here we go.....
In Saskatchewan, most people providing counselling have a degree in Social Work or Psychology. Most graduates, however, benefit from ongoing training to advance their counselling skills. Ongoing professional development and supervision is required of every certified professional throughout their career.
In addition to university degrees in Psychology and Social work, some diploma and graduate diplomas offer excellent training in how to counsel people. These options need to be investigated thoroughly and when in doubt, please contact any of the national counselling associations such as the CPCA, the ACCT and the CCPA, to inquire whether the training is accredited and accepted in Canada and in your province.
When training is done Online, a placement is very important. In addition to a placement, you will need supervision by a registered supervisor either at your placement or by an independent certified supervisor. Once you are in training however, you can already become a member of the above mentioned organizations to gain support and you have an opportunity to network with colleagues.
Elisabeth is a certified counselling supervisor who offers clinical supervision to professionals either one-on-one and/or in small group settings. A competency-based framework is used.