Cybercounselling is counselling using email, Skype or FaceTime.
Cybercounselling an option for you?
- Counselling over Skype or FaceTime (FT) or over email can be a good alternative for those who cannot make it to the office.
- Others feel more at ease having counselling from the privacy of their own home.
- Whether having counselling using Skype or FT or email, the process followed during a first session is the same as face-to-Face counselling: You will be asked to fill out and sign a consent form, and Dr. Scheepers will do an assessment to obtain information on your physical and mental Health. Please talk about your expectations and priorities and feel free to ask questions.
Who cannot benefit from Cybercounselling ?
- Cybercounselling using email is not for individuals who experience serious mental health issues. Elisabeth is trained in psychotherapy, but if issues arise that need more intensive attention, she will discuss with you an appropriate referral.
- Cybercounselling is not for clients who are experiencing a crisis and are thinking about hurting themselves or others. These clients are advised to call the local crisis line.
- Cybercounselling is also not for individuals who are in physically or sexually abusive relationships or who are in other ways not safe. In particular when children are in the house the parents are obligated to call the police or social services.
The cybercounselling relationship
- Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers appreciates your feedback and checks in with you before and after every session to ensure that you benefit from the meetings.
- In entering the counselling relationship, you indicate that you have read and understood the consent form provided to you and respect the limitations of the services.
- Cybercounselling fees are $125.00 p/hour. The service of cybercounselling includes asynchronous email contact through secure email with activities equivalent to one hour of counselling.
- After you have agreed to the process and after payment, we will start with the first session.
- The information you share will remain confidential unless required by law. Exceptions to confidentiality include information about intent to do serious harm to an individual, child and elder abuse.
- Although Elisabeth Scheepers uses secure email, there are no guarantees that communication is always fully confidential on either side. The use of Skype and Face Time is an option, but is less confidential.