Competency-based Clinical Supervision
Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers provides Competency-based Clinical Supervision to counselling therapists/psychotherapists in Canada.
Elisabeth is recognized as a certified supervisor by two national counselling associations: The Canadian Professional Counsellors Association (CPCA) and the Association of Cooperative Counselling Therapists of Canada (ACCT).
Scheepers-CCC is research based and outcome informed. This means that during all supervision services, evidence of the efficacy of approaches based on research, and based on client practice will be discussed.
A competency-based framework is used in clinical supervision. Scheepers-CCC offers three types of supervision services:
- Individual Competency-based Clinical Supervision is one-on-one and either 60 minutes or 90 minutes in duration.
- Clinical Group Supervision is a 120-minute service, provided in a small group format and focuses on the many competencies in the field of Clinical Counselling.
- Case Consultation (new in 2023) is a 60-minute service for students and interns wanting to gain experience in the practice of counselling therapy. The focus of the group is on presenting cases and learning from others.
*The format for supervision services is Zoom video-conferencing. Supervisees residing locally have the option to attend individual supervision in-person.
During group Clinical Supervision the following topics will be addressed:
- Industry trends: National and Provincial
- Requirements of membership of professional organizations
- Professional Development
- Duty of Care
- Legal responsibilities
- The Clients' File and Record Keeping
- Ethical Practice and Ethical Issues
- Research updates in the field of Mental Health practice and treatments
- Client Services
- Therapeutic Practices
- Working with diverse groups of people
For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Scheepers-CCC.