Finding a Positive Balance and the Prevention of Burnout
Training for Mental Health Professionals
Title: Finding a Positive Balance and the Prevention of Burnout
Presenter: Elisabeth Scheepers, Ph.D.
When: September 18th 10:00 AM-1:00 PM (SK-CST) Modality: Live Zoom, guaranteed small group format
Continuing Education Units: The training is 3+ hours and a certificate will be provided
Registration by email to: email@example.com
You will receive instructions for payment after registration
Dr Elisabeth Scheepers is known for providing high quality, up-to-date, research-based training for counselling therapists. The workshop on prevention of burnout is refreshingly different from other workshops presented on this topic. The workshop focuses on why MH professionals choose to be in this profession and what motivates them. Participants will obtain an in-depth insight in how to keep the balance positive and they will be pleasantly surprised that their clients will also benefit from the tools introduced.
- What is burnout?
- Occupational or individual?
- Is it me or my job?
- Mental and physical symptoms
- Is it different from depression & anxiety?
- Consequences for self and family
- Factors: Individual, community, job demands, organizational demands
- Vicarious trauma
- Moral Injury
- Traditional Assessments
- A new tool: The Scheepers Intrinsic Reward Scale©
- How to recognize burnout in your clients?
- Seeking a positive balance
- Boundaries, what, how, who?
- Selfcare, seeking help
- Supervision and Peer consultation
- Making changes that work for you: Personality and lifestyle