Online Therapy or E-Therapy is counselling using email, Skype/Zoom or FaceTime.
Is Online Therapy an option for you?
- Counselling over Skype, Zoom or FaceTime (FT) or over email can be a good alternative for those who cannot make it to the office.
- Others feel more at ease having counselling from the privacy of their own home.
- Whether having counselling using Skype/Zoom or FT or email, the process followed during a first session is the same as face-to-face counselling: You will be asked to fill out and sign a consent form and Dr. Scheepers will do an assessment to obtain information on your physical and mental Health. Please talk about your expectations and priorities and feel free to ask questions.
The therapeutic relationship
- Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers appreciates your feedback and checks in with you before and after every session to ensure that you benefit from the meetings.
- In entering the counselling relationship, you indicate that you have read and understood the consent form provided to you and respect the limitations of the services.
- Online fees are $135.00 p/hour. The service of email counselling includes asynchronous email contact through secure email with activities equivalent to one hour of counselling.
- Clients need to be aware that services offered over Skype, Zoom or Face Time are less secure. When using Skype or Zoom we suggest you to check your privacy settings.
- The information you share will remain confidential unless required by law. Exceptions to confidentiality include information about intent to do serious harm to an individual, child and elder abuse.
- Although Elisabeth uses secure email, there are no guarantees that communication is always fully confidential on either side. The use of Skype, Zoom and Face Time is an option offered to clients, but the services are less confidential than email contact (using an encrypted email such as hushmail.com).