Online Therapy & Telecounselling
Online Therapy or E-Therapy is counselling using email, Zoom or similar. Tele-counselling is counselling therapy over the telephone
Whether having counselling using Zoom or email, the process followed is the same: Prior to the first session you will be asked to fill out and sign a secure consent form. Dr. Scheepers will do an assessment to obtain information on your physical and mental Health. Please talk about your expectations and priorities and feel free to ask questions.
Of course, Telecounselling (counselling therapy over the telephone) remains an option. Please let administration know your preferred contact number.
The therapeutic relationship
- Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers appreciates your feedback and checks in with you before and after every session to ensure that you benefit from the meetings.
- In entering the counselling relationship, you indicate that you have read and understood the consent form provided to you and respect the limitations of the services.
- The fees for Online and telecounselling are $135.00 p/hour. The service of email counselling includes asynchronous email contact through secure email with activities equivalent to one hour of counselling.
- Clients need to be aware that services offered online are less secure. When using Zoom or similar we suggest you to check your privacy settings.
- The information you share will remain confidential unless required by law. Exceptions to confidentiality include information about intent to do serious harm to an individual, child and elder abuse.
- Although Elisabeth uses secure email (Hushmail for Healthcare), there are no guarantees that communication is always fully confidential on either side. The use of Zoom is an option offered to clients, but the services are less confidential than email contact (using an encrypted email such as hushmail.com).