Working with Trauma - From Confusion to Clarity
Intensive training for MH professionals working with people with symptoms of psychological trauma
Title: Working with Trauma - From Confusion to Clarity
**Following enthousiastic and exceptionally positive feedback from past participants, this course has been extended to 6 hours total duration**
Presenter: Elisabeth Scheepers, Ph.D.
Date: Friday March 3rd and Friday March 10th, 2023: 10AM - 1PM Pacific Standard Time
Also: Friday September 15th and Friday September 22nd, 2023: 10AM - 1PM Pacific Daylight Time
The course consists of two 3-hour sessions presented in consecutive weeks
Modality: Live Zoom, guaranteed small group format
Cost: $325.00 + GST for the 2 sessions
**Members of the CPCA and ACCT receive a $50.00 discount**
Continuing Education Units: The entire training is 6 hours and a certificate will be provided
Registration by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will receive instructions for payment after registration
Dr. Elisabeth Scheepers is known for providing high quality, up-to-date, research-based training for counselling therapists. The training Working with trauma – From confusion to Clarity requires some prior knowledge and experience in working with people with psychological injury. Participants will obtain a solid background and skills that can be applied in practice.
- The DSM-5 and ICD-11
- Mental Health Professionals
- Diagnosis of Psychological Injury: PTSD/PTSI, other stress and trauma related disorders
- Clinical Assessment
- Types of trauma
- Differences in symptoms re to types of trauma
- The brain and memory
- Attachment & Relationships
- Research: What works for trauma?
- How to be an inclusive practitioner?
- What is evidence-based practice?
- What are the active ingredients?
- Summary of the most effective tools
- The role of medication
- Working with clients with different types of trauma and complicated histories
- Additions & Feedback from First Responders to Elisabeth’s training
- Trauma assessment to monitor progress
- Treatment: A Process of healing from isolation to inclusion